Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quilt Show

Mom and I met up this last weekend in Sisters, to see the quilt show. It was a beautiful (and HOT) day and super fun to see all the quilts. I'm feeling all inspired once again! :-)

Here's mom looking cute! :-)


The main road through town was closed to cars, and there was quite a crowd on the street. I heard one woman say she was from Baton Rouge and another from Arizona. It amazes me that people come from all over the country to see these quilts. The show pamphlet claimed there were 1300 quilts on display! It took awhile to see them all!


If you haven't been to this show, it's a little different in that it's all outdoors, and the quilts are hung all over town on buildings.



I like the more traditional quilts, but I find some of the wall hanging quilts to be really amazing! Here are a few I especially liked.



This one was actually done by a 13 year old! Love this!





Doesn't this one look like it could be a painting?


Here are some other, more traditional quilts I thought were really pretty.







No comments: