VEGAS
First, we took a trip to Las Vegas the end of January. It was one of those "free" trips we got from listening to a sales pitch for a timeshare. Well, I won't go into how "free" it wasNOT, but we still had a good time. :-) We did a lot of walking, and got to see all the big casinos... I think we must have went in about 20 of them! They are all so amazing and huge to see. We took pictures, but most of them didn't turn out. Everything is so big in Las Vegas, it's just hard to get good pictures. Here's two that did turn out nice:
Here is a lion at the MGM Grand casino.

At this casino, we also went to a show of the "Whose Line is it Anyway?" group, including Drew Carey! Amazingly enough, this is the second time we got to see this group, the first time being in Salem a couple of years ago. Both times I have left with my cheeks hurting from laughing so much!
This is us in front of the Luxor.

FISHING
At the end of February, Chad and I took a day trip to visit my brother, Bill and his girlfriend, Molly. It was a great day! They live up on Mt Hood, and on the way we tried to capture it's beauty. This is zoomed in from a photo taken from our moving truck! Chad's a pretty good photographer! :-)

Here is Bill and Chad discussing how to catch winter Steelhead. He tooks us fishing on the Sandy river, only a couple of minutes from his house. They got skunked... but to their credit, they only fished for a short time, because it was just too cold.

Bill and Molly on walking on the trail to the river.

Here is where we fished... my batteries died right after I took this shot, so I didn't get a picture of them actually fishing. I can see why they love living in the woods, on the mountain so much. It's pretty great to get to visit too!
4 comments:
You went to Vegas!!!! Isn't it funny to see what's changed and what's still there since we were there....baaaack in the day?
Yes, I think there are a lot of new casinos. I remember seeing the New York casino being built, and this time I was so excited to FINALLY get to ride on it... even though I ended up keeping my eyes closed for most of the ride! :-)
Looks like you guys have been having fun. That fishing spot sure looks good.
How beautiful this area is! A lovely spot to live. The picture of Mt Hood is grogeous. great job! Glad to hear you are taking fun trips. Thanks for sharing them!
Post a Comment