Woke up to rain today (Dec 18th), so my hope for a full week of snow days has been shattered. Oh well! Off to work we go...
LOL :-)
Well, today is our third day off of work due to the ice and snow. WOW!
It snowed late afternoon on Sunday, and then the temperature dropped, and has not yet risen enough to melt all the ice. I think the sidewalks are especially treacherous, so I'm guessing that's why campus is still closed. We are supposed to get more snow later today, and then more tomorrow. At this point I would not be surprised if the college is closed for the rest of the week. What's really cool about this is that the college is also planned to be closed all next week... so we may get to have 2 weeks off from work without having to take a single day of vacation! How cool is that?!! I love it!
We spent most of Monday inside. It's been so cold with the wind, that we haven't actually gone out to play in the snow... it's just not much fun when the "feels" like temperature is only about 12 degrees! Yesterday the road in front our house was mostly melted, so we ventured out in "The Bug" to mail some Christmas packages. We did run into some ice while we were out, and I was very pleased with how well the car handled. I'm sure our snow tires helped!
The view from our front door late Sunday afternoon.

Later on Sunday evening, again from our door.

Even later on Sunday evening, when we bundled up and went for a walk through the neighborhood. Christmas lights are so pretty when covered in snow! That's me by the front door.
This is what the view from our front door looked like on Monday morning... it was so pretty!
1 comment:
Love to see that snow and pretty lights :)
Everyone's getting snow days but us. Grrrr.
Post a Comment