OK.. Here it is...
I got this recipe for chocolate cake on the back of the cocoa can, and just added the peanut butter ingredients :-)
**WARNING** recipe has been known to cause clothes to shrink
Cake:
2 c sugar
1 3/4 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 c boiling water
optional - about 3/4 c peanut butter chips (more if you like to "taste" them)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9-inch round pans. Combine all the dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on med speed for 2 minutes. Stir in water. Pour into pans. Batter will be very thin. Bake 30-35 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Let cool completely on wire racks.
Frost top of bottom layer with peanut butter frosting. Frost top and sides with chocolate frosting. Chop about 1/4 c of the peanut butter chips and sprinkle on top. Add whole chips to the top and bottom of the cake.
Chocolate frosting:
(also on the cocoa can)
1 stick of butter (1/2 c)
2/3 c cocoa
3 c powdered sugar
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add sugar and milk beating on medium speed until spreading consistency. Add more milk in very small amounts if too thick. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 2 c of frosting
Peanut Butter frosting:
3 c powered sugar
1/3 c creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c milk
Mix sugar and peanut butter. Stir in milk until spreading consistency. Add more milk in very small amounts if too thick. Stir in vanilla.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Pam! I have put this into my to-try stack. I think this is the cake I want for my birthday this year!
Did I tell you how much I love you?!?! :)
Post a Comment