We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. For some reason, most of our pictures didn't turn out, so I'll just post a couple and tell you about the rest.
Christmas
This year, we we're actually at home on both Christmas eve and Christmas day, which doesn't happen very often, and we really enjoyed ourselves. On Christmas eve, we were very happy to find a local church that managed to have their evening service in spite of the icy weather (our church had to cancel) so that was a lot of fun. We had a lazy Christmas morning, sleeping in late, eating cinnamon rolls and giving gifts to each other. The cinnamon roll thing is a new tradition of ours since we got married. Neither of our families really have traditions other than exchanging gifts, so we've decided to start our own! :-) Besides the Christmas morning cinnamon rolls the other traditions are going to a Christmas eve service and then having birthday cake for desert on Christmas day - we are celebrating a birthday after all!
Chad got me this beautiful nativity set this year, and I just love it!
We spent the days after Christmas with my Family in LaPine. It was sort of stressful to get there this year, with all the icy weather, but we made it without any problems. Mom and Dad had several days of snow at their house, so dad got out his tractor and built a huge mountain of snow to slide down. The kids built up a little ramp at the bottom, so when they slid down they had a small jump at the end. My brother and I used to do this a lot when we were kids... but I sure don't recall it ever hurting before! Sliding down a very icy slope, and landing hard after the "fun" jump at the bottom is really quite a different experience now than it used to be! I think I only went down three times, and had to stop because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to walk the next day. I laughed until my cheeks hurt too... it really was very fun!
Here's Katie being entertaining as always!
Anthony wiping out at the bottom of the snow hill
Chad sliding down the hill
The icicles on the front of Mom and Dad's house. We were amazed at how big they were! Some were half way down to the ground.
New Years
We spent New Year's eve with our friends, the Weavers. It was a great end to the year, just hanging out, being silly, and playing games with good friends. :-) And, like many others, we spent a wonderful lazy day at home on New Year's day. I'm looking forward to what 2009 brings upon us... praying for God's great blessings on all my friends and family!
2 comments:
Happy New Year Pam you two! I love the new Christmas traditions you are staring. I love the idea of birthday cake for dessert on Christmas day. Of course, how simple and yet who really has thought of it? Great idea! The time in the snow at your parents looked like big fun. All the best for 2009!
What fun! Yeah, I find a lot of things I use to do that didn't hurt before hurt now. Watch those slides that bend back and forth real quick too. I went down one in Palo Alto with Mackenzie and it was fun but, not as painless as they use to be.
Post a Comment