Monday, June 28, 2010

Gluten free s'mores???

Well, I have a recipe for gluten-free graham crackers, but they sounded like waaay to much work, so I came up with an alternative! Here is what Chad and I decided to name "Better'n S'mores"! :-)

Here is a homemade gluten-free peanut butter cookie, with a roasted marshmallow and chocolate squares on top. Who needs graham crackers??

If you're interested, the peanut butter cookies are a recipe I got from my Mom. She works at the building that houses the head-start program and they make these cookies. They are so easy, and the best peanut butter cookies I've ever had.

1 c peanut butter (I use creamy Jif)
1 c sugar
1 egg
Bake at 350 for about 10 min - 13 min
(The one shown above is quite large, so I cooked for about 13 min, but normally I make smaller ones and leave them in for a shorter time)
After you take them from the oven, leave them on the pan for about a minute before scooping them off to cool. This allows them to firm up a bit, otherwise they will break apart.

No comments: